1. Open Road Life and New Scenery
Being a trucker means getting paid to travel whether you are working as an OTR or LTL. Every day is a change of scenery, and you get to enjoy the outdoors. Research shows that nature-based workplaces lead to stress reduction, lessening of depression, less of a need for medications, and faster healing times. In addition to the open road, truck driving also means different views every day with your different routes. If cramped offices and crowded factories do not sound appealing, trucking may be for you.
2. Earnings can be Better than College Graduates with Student Loan debt
The median annual wage for a trucker is $36,200, with an average CDL training cost of $1000-$7000. The average starting salary for college graduates with a Bachelor’s degree is $48,127, with an average student loan deb of $34,800. In addition to the costs and salaries, truckers typically start working in 4-6 weeks, whereas completing a Bachelor’s degree could take 4 or more years.
If having health is important to you, consider trucking. Industry wide, 72% of truckers have medical, 46% have vision, and 57% have dental.
4. Bonus Pay
Dependent on the company, truckers can also earn bonuses for:
Maintaining a certain fuel economy
Taking more difficult loads
Driving the most miles in a quarter
Health and wellness tests
5. Flexible Schedule and Control
If you want to do various types to increase your experience, you have that option. Or if you want to go with the one that offers most pay and least aggravation. The more experienced you become, the more prepared you will be to make these choices and more.
5. Job Security
Trucking cannot be outsourced to another country, and despite rising fuel costs the trucking industry will not be affected because those costs are passed on to the consumer. Show oldest on top.
Truck Driver Disadvantages :
1. Lots of work, less pay
Truck drivers will pay up to fourteen hours driving and battling severe road conditions in an exceedingly day, receiving roughly ten hours off before the start of consecutive shift.They have to drive defensively to confirm that they arrive safely, in time, and with the freight being within the right condition.Legislation control the quantity of hours that a driver must get on the road per day or per week will exist, but the rules are never followed.They are commonly bent and broken.
2. Health issues and inaccessibility of healthcare
Their poor manner results in varied health conditions forcing them to depart the career.At times they’ll realize themselves in highways with no food or water around wherever they need to drive forward till they get an area to urge one.As a result of shortage of foods on the road, they end up opting for fast foods which serve highly processed foods, thus affecting their health.
3. Straining on relationships
Being far from the family isn’t continually straightforward, especially for those who have kids that need to feel his presence.This is why several like better to abandon this career for a more robust choice.For this reason, very few partners can handle this kind of sacrifice.in fact, varied drivers find yourself being single once connection this career
These Are Some More Difficulties :
- You don’t make as much money as most people think as a new driver
- Huge Impact On The Family is Potentially Negative
- Its Hard To Plan Ahead for Important Dates
- You will be away from family for extended periods of time
- Can’t rely upon having the ability get home throughout emergencies
- It’s harder to maintain a good diet while on the road
- The Cost of Driving Over The Road will be pricey
- Wear and tear on the body
- Can Be Very Stressful
- You will not be supervise you must be responsible for yourself
- You Can Become Depressed
- You May Experience Loneliness
- You May Become Anti Social
- Easy To Develop Bad Habits