Last Draw :
Saskatchewan command new attracts through its categorical Entry and Occupation In-Demand immigration sub-categories might twenty two, manufacturing a complete of 325 invites to use for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence.
- Of that total, 221 invites visited Occupation In-Demand candidates and 104 visited candidates in Saskatchewan’s categorical Entry sub-category.
- Both sub-categories are key components of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), which allows Saskatchewan to nominate economic immigration candidates who meet specific labour needs in the province.
- Immigration could be a key driver of population and labour force growth in Canadian province, which has welcomed more than 108,000 newcomers from 170 countries since 2007.
- A key eligibility requirement for both the Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand sub-categories of the SINP is work experience in one of the 19 occupations that are currently listed as in-demand in the province.
- Candidates, however, are not required to have a job offer from a Saskatchewan employer.The SINP has now issued 854 invitations through its Occupation In-Demand sub-category so far in 2019
- Express Entry manages the pool of candidates for the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class and Canadian Experience Class, which are three of Canada’s main economic immigration programs.
Candidates in the Occupation In-Demand sub-category who receive a provincial nomination have their applications for Canadian permanent residence processed outside the Express Entry system.
In order to be considered for either sub-category, interested candidates must register an Expression of Interest (EOI) under the SINP’s International Skilled Worker Category.Eligible candidates receive a score out of 100 based on factors including their education, skilled work experience, proficiency in English or French and connections to Saskatchewan.The highest-scoring candidates in both sub-categories are then invited through regular draws from the pool.The lowest score among each categorical Entry and also the Occupation In-Demand candidates invited within the might twenty two draw was eighty two.